A classic of almost unkillable plants! The ZZ Plant draws its charm from its glossy plain green leaves and upright habit. Under its fleshy petioles hide rhizomatous tubers resembling potatoes, at ground level. These are water reserves, called “caudex”. Thanks to its reserves, it is able to survive periods of drought in its natural habitat. As a houseplant, it is recommended to let the soil dry out completely between waterings. The leaves can reach 1 m in height! In addition, the ZZ tolerates dark rooms very well. However, for optimal growth, it prefers a well-lit room.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Araceae.
- Origin: tropical Africa.
- Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Low to high.
- Type of soil: Light and draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Low to high.
- Orientation: North, South, East and West.
- Growth: Slow.
- Temperature: Average, never below 15ᵒC.
- Between 15ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
Pot diameter: 10 cm and 15 cm
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.