Birds of paradise produce a unique inflorescence that is very popular with florists. Its flowering similar to the shape of a bird is highly coveted in flower bouquets. However, to succeed in flowering, the plant must be mature and be under optimal conditions (sun, humidity, heat). Despite the rarity of its flowers, it remains majestic in its bearing and the size of its foliage. The Nicolai variety can reach up to 5 meters in height and bears white and blue flowers. It is also the variety that produces the largest leaves.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Strelitziaceae
- Origin: South Africa
- Summer: Allow half of the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Winter: Let the soil dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High to moderate.
- Type of soil: Rich and draining.
- Brightness: High.
- Orientation: South or West.
- Growth: Slow
- Temperature: Hot, never below 10ᵒC.
- Between 15ᵒC and 26ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 15 cm.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included. (Calypso flowerpot - Artdeco)
The format indicated corresponds to the diameter of the pot.