The Senecio is a succulent with long stems that can reach more than a meter. In its natural habitat, it is a creeping plant. As a houseplant, it is appreciated in a hanging pot with its stems hanging gracefully. The 'Purple Flush' variety bears mauve stems adorned with small light green oval balls. This plant needs plenty of light to maintain its growth. In spring, small yellow flowers appear. During the winter, from December to the end of February, it likes to rest by reducing its light, the ambient temperature and the frequency of watering. This moment of rest favors its flowering.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Asteraceae.
- Origin: Desert area of South Africa.
- Summer: Allow 2/3 of the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Fall - Winter - Spring: Let the soil dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Low.
- Type of soil: Very draining.
- Brightness: High.
- Orientation: South or West at the edge of the window.
- Rapid growth.
- Temperature: Hot.
- Summer: Between 20ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
- Winter: 15ᵒC
Pot diameter: 14 cm (Suspended).
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.