With its silver speckled foliage, the Scindapsus Pictus is simply adorable. Its heart-shaped leaves with silver reflections match any decor. It is as beautiful hanging down as it is in a climbing plant arrangement . It is a vigorous plant that adapts to any environment. In fact, for a plant from a tropical rainforest, it is surprisingly resistant to the dry air in our homes in winter. However, in order to promote its rapid growth and obtain beautiful attractive leaves, it is best to provide it with a humid atmosphere at all times. This plant is very sensitive to excess water which can cause root rot, avoid water remaining in the saucer and allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Araceae.
- Origin: Southeast Asia.
- Summer: Allow the soil to dry out halfway between waterings.
- Winter: Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Type of soil: Draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or slightly away from a south window.
- Rapid growth.
- Temperature: Hot, never below 15ᵒC.
- Between 15ᵒC and 26ᵒC.
Pot diameter: 10 cm and 15 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.