The Schefflera or umbrella tree is a small shrub that can reach up to 3m in height when grown indoors. A plant much appreciated for its shrubby habit and its coloring. Its lime green leaves are shiny and its stem is slightly tinged with red. Deployed at the end of its long stems, its leaves are divided into 5 to 14 leaflets. It tolerates less bright rooms. However, in order to ensure its development, it is recommended to offer it bright light in a warm and humid atmosphere. Thermal shocks and stagnant water can be fatal.
Attention ! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Araliaceae.
- Origin: Australia
- Spring to fall: Allow the surface of the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Winter: Allow half of the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Type of soil: Rich and very draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or slightly away from a south window.
- Growth: Average.
- Temperature :
- Between 15ᵒC and 22ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 10 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.