Often confused with the Jade tree (Crassula Ovata), however, the Portulacaria bears finer leaves. Indeed, this small succulent shrub is very appreciated for its tough trunk and its fleshy jade green foliage. Its small growth habit and tolerance to pruning makes this specimen ideal for bonsai cultivation.
Interesting fact: Also called Elephant Bush, because elephants in South Africa love to eat it.
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Portulacariaceae
- Origin: South Africa
- Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Type of soil: Light and draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: West or 1 m from a South window
- Rapid growth.
- Mean temperature
- In winter, it tolerates a minimum temperature of 7ᵒC
Pot diameter: 10 cm and 15 cm (Hanging).
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.