A must-have for the holidays! The poinsettia attracts attention with its flamboyant coloring. Indeed, it is the bracts, the leaf that accompanies the flower, which become colored during the winter season. Thereafter, the bracts of the poinsettia gradually lose their color. The poinsettia is usually replaced each year. However, if you want to keep it as a green plant, or if you are a very enthusiastic gardener, you can try to make it ''flower again''.
Non-toxic, but sap may cause mild irritation and vomiting.
- Family: Euphorbiaceae.
- Origin: Central America.
- Allow the soil to dry out on the surface between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Type of soil: Very draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or 1 m from a south window.
- Growth: Slow.
- Mean temperature.
- Never below 10ᵒC or above 30ᵒC .
Diameter of the pot: 10 cm.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.