The elkhorn fern bears two types of fronds. The first ones at the base do not produce spores and serve to support the plant. While the other fertile fronds are broad, drooping and reminiscent of the horns of a moose. When suspended, it is possible to create true works of art with this epiphytic fern. By installing it on a wooden surface, as in its natural habitat, it clings to it and brings a rustic chalet touch to your decor.
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Polypodiaceae.
- Origin: Equatorial forest.
- Watering: She prefers to be bathed.
- Winter: let the soil dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Do not remove the bloom on the leaves, it helps to capture moisture.
- Type of soil: Light and draining.
- Brightness: Low to moderate.
- Orientation: North, West or East.
- Growth: Slow.
- Mean temperature.
- Between 15ᵒC and 30ᵒC.
- Avoid cold temperatures, below 13ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 9 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.