This epiphytic fern with bluish foliage has pubescent rhizomes. Its upright and rounded port can create an interesting effect by bringing movement. In a setting, it attracts the eye with the silvery blue color of its foliage. Although it does not have a hanging habit, the blue star fern is also charming in a hanging pot with its compact and bushy appearance. It can lose its foliage if the air is too dry or too cold.
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Polypodiaceae.
- Origin: Tropical and subtropical region of America.
- Watering: She prefers to be bathed.
- Allow the soil to dry out on the surface between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Spray foliage and rhizomes, especially in winter when heating tends to dry out the air.
- Type of soil: Rich and draining.
- Brightness: Moderate.
- Orientation: North, East, West.
- Growth: Average.
- Mean temperature. Avoid drafts.
- Between 15ᵒC and 30ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 10 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.