This plant catches the eye with the shape and coloring of its foliage. In addition to having large, elongated, textured and glossy leaves, it bears a striking colour. Indeed, the philodendron subhastatum is essential for its magnificent 2-color foliage - green on top and red below. Its long stems appreciate the presence of a tutor. Due to the size of its foliage, it is important to clean it regularly to avoid an accumulation of dust.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Araceae.
- Origin: Tropical regions of South and Central America.
- Spring to fall: Allow the soil to dry out slightly on the surface between waterings.
- Winter: Allow ⅔ of the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Type of soil: Rich and draining.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or slightly away from a south window.
- Growth: Average.
- Temperature: Hot.
- Between 18ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 10 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.