A flamboyantly colored philodendron. The 'Red Sun' variety has elongated leaves. Young leaves appear bright red and turn burgundy when mature. Like the majority of Philodendrons, in order to keep its bright coloring, it prefers good indirect light.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Araceae.
- Origin: Tropical regions of South America
- Summer: Allow the soil to dry out halfway between waterings.
- Winter: Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Type of soil: Rich and draining.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or slightly away from a south window.
- Growth: Average.
- Temperature: Hot.
- Between 18ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
Pot diameter: 10 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.