Also called the downy philodendron by the appearance of its foliage which is reminiscent of that of velvet. Its unique foliage merges texture and coloring. Indeed, the top of the heart-shaped leaves carry a velvety touch while the underside includes different shades of red. In order to promote its growth and its bright coloring, it is recommended to install it in a bright room. Its long stems fit very well in a hanging pot or in a climbing plant arrangement.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Araceae.
- Origin: Tropical regions of South and Central America.
- Summer: Allow the soil to dry out halfway between waterings.
- Winter: Let the soil dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Type of soil: Rich and draining.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or 1 m from a south window.
- Growth: Average.
- Mean temperature. Between 15ᵒC and 26ᵒC.
Pot diameter: 7.5 cm, 10 cm and 14 cm.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included. (Calypso flowerpot - Artdeco)