The Collared Turtle or String of Turtles is an easy to keep and low maintenance plant. It is often found in small hanging pots, but it is also appreciated for its ground cover effect. We love it for its variegated foliage that reminds us of a turtle's shell! This little semi-succulent is sensitive to overwatering and prefers bright light!
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Piperaceae.
- Origin: Tropical zone.
- Watering: Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Spray foliage, especially in winter when heating tends to dry out the air.
- Soil: Light and well-drained, likes to feel tight in its pot.
- Brightness: Moderate to strong.
- Orientation: East, West or more than 1 m from a south window.
- Growth: Slow to medium.
- Temperature: Warm, maintain an ambient temperature of 20ᵒC, keep away from windows and drafts.
Pot diameter: 6 cm, 10 cm, 12 cm (Hanging) and 16 cm (Hanging).
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.
The format indicated corresponds to the diameter of the pot.