The Peperomia Watermelon gets its name from the appearance of its foliage which resembles a watermelon. Despite its small size, this plant stands out for the pattern and coloring of its foliage. Indeed, the silvery stripes of its large, thick leaves with a red underside do not go unnoticed. The Peperomia is sensitive to excess water and scorching sun.
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Piperaceae
- Origin: Tropical region of South America.
- Summer: Allow the soil to dry out halfway between waterings.
- Winter: Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Type of soil: Light and draining. Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate.
- Orientation: North, East, West or 1m from a south window.
- Growth: Average.
- Temperature: Hot, never below 12ᵒC. Between 15ᵒC and 26ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 10 cm and 12 cm (Suspension).
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.