The Marantas have foliage that is out of the ordinary. In addition to being textured and graphic, the Lemon Lime variety bears thin, curved lime green lines all along its foliage. It requires little light to flourish, but appreciates a warm and humid environment. It does very well in a hanging pot. We love it for the movement of its leaves through the day. We recommend watering with demineralized water which can be bought in pharmacies or with rainwater. Slush works great! Marantas do not tolerate the excess minerals found in tap water very well. This excess can cause burns at the roots and damage the foliage.
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Marantaceae.
- Origin: Tropical areas of South America.
- Allow the soil to dry out slightly on the surface between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Type of soil: Light and very draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate.
- Orientation: West, East or 1 m from a south window.
- Growth: Average.
- Temperature: Hot.
- Between 16ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
Pot diameter: 8 cm, 10 cm and 15 cm.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.