The Hoya Carnosa, known as the ''wax plant'' or ''porcelain flower'', is a climbing plant. The variety 'Krimson Queen' is unique in the coloring of its foliage. Indeed, the leaves are variegated at the edge of a white and pink color. Occasionally the leaves are entirely white. Its magnificent flowering of between thirty and fifty small waxy star-shaped flowers is simply spectacular. The pale pink flowers gain luster in the evening. However, it rarely flowers before its 2 years. To promote its flowering, it is recommended to install it in a bright room and to reduce the frequency of repotting. She likes to be tight in her potty!
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Apocynaceae
- Origin: Southeast Asia and Australia.
- Summer: Allow the first third of the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Winter: Let the soil dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Soil type: Light and well-drained.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or 1 m from a south window.
- Growth: Slow.
- Temperature: Warm between 15ᵒC and 29ᵒC.
Pot diameter: 6 cm, 10 cm and 15 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.