Also called, beginner's bonsai! It requires little care. Its small tree appearance is actually the product of a graft of two plants. One part comprises its towering branching roots and the other its small, shiny green leaves. To maintain its bonsai appearance, it is recommended to prune new growth in the spring. Also, it prefers high ambient humidity and is very susceptible to root rot. Avoid water remaining in the saucer. Like all fig trees, it does not like to be moved.
Caution, handle with care! This plant contains latex, may cause irritation in contact with skin and eyes. Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Moraceae.
- Origin: India, South China and Southeast Asia.
- Summer: Allow the soil to dry out halfway between waterings.
- Winter: Let the soil dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate to high.
- Type of soil: Rich, but very draining. Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or 1 m from a south window.
- Growth: Slow.
- Temperature: Hot, never below 13ᵒC. Between 15ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
Pot diameter: 10 cm and 15 cm.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included. (Calypso flowerpot - Artdeco)