The lyre fig tree is often used in interior design to beautify your space. Whether at home or at work, it adds a touch of nature while remaining modern. This decorative indoor plant is appreciated for its green, leathery and shiny foliage. Due to the size of the sheets, it is important to clean them regularly, in order to avoid an accumulation of dust. Like all fig trees, it does not like to be moved. She can live up to 20 years and reach a height of 3 m!
Caution, handle with care! This plant contains latex, may cause irritation in contact with skin and eyes. Risk of toxicity in case of ingestion, for animals.
- Family: Moraceae.
- Origin: Humid tropical regions of West Africa.
- Spring to fall: Allow the soil to dry out on the surface between waterings.
- Winter: Allow the soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High, ideally have a humidifier or mist the foliage regularly (in winter).
- Type of soil: Rich, but very draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or slightly away from a south window.
- Rapid growth.
- Temperature: Hot, never below 7ᵒC and avoid drafts.
- Between 15ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 9 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.