The essential of indoor plants! Also called rubber plant for the look of its thick, shiny foliage. Due to the size of the leaves, it is important to wipe it regularly with a damp paper, to avoid harmful insects. The Burgundy variety offers a dark and modern coloration. The new leaves are wrapped in a red sheath and its dark black foliage gives it an everlasting look. Like all fig trees, it does not like to be moved! From the same family, the elastica variety is one of the easiest to care for.
Caution, handle with care! This plant contains latex, may cause irritation in contact with skin and eyes. Risk of toxicity in case of ingestion, for animals.
- Family: Moraceae.
- Origin: Asia.
- Spring to fall: Allow the first third of the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Winter: Let the soil dry out completely between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: Moderate.
- Type of soil: Rich, but very draining.
- Avoid water remaining in the saucer.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: East, West or slightly away from a south window.
- Rapid growth.
- Temperature: Hot, never below 12ᵒC and avoid drafts.
- Between 15ᵒC and 25ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 12 cm.
Grown in Quebec.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.