The Coleus is very famous for the beauty of its foliage. The Crown Jewel variety bears dark red lobed leaves edged with yellow. In order to keep its habit compact, it is recommended to regularly pinch the tips of the stems. Also, it fears drought and prefers that its soil remains slightly moist.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed
- Family: Lamiaceae
- Origin: Tropical zone of Southeast Asia
- Summer: Keep the soil slightly moist.
- Winter: Allow the soil to dry out slightly on the surface between waterings.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Type of soil: Rich and draining.
- Brightness: Moderate.
- Orientation: East, West or 1 m from a south window.
- Rapid growth.
- Mean temperature
- Between 15ᵒC and 25ᵒC.