An essential holiday flower. This beautiful bulbous plant produces huge red trumpet-shaped flowers. It flowers only during the winter period. After flowering, stop watering and cut the flower stalk 2 or 3 centimeters above the bulb. At the beginning of summer, cut off the leaves of the amaryllis and place the pot in a dry, cool place for 3 months. This period of dormancy is necessary for the bulb to recover and bloom again.
Attention! Risk of toxicity if swallowed.
- Family: Amaryllidaceae.
- Origin: Central and South America.
- Growth period (autumn-winter): Allow the soil to dry out on the surface between waterings.
- Dormant period (spring-summer): Stop watering.
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Type of soil: Rich and draining.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: West or 1 m from a south window.
- Growth: Moderate.
- Mean temperature.
- Between 16ᵒC and 21ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 15 cm.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.
The decorative pot is not included.