Also called 'Vase d'argent', by its coloring and its growth in a rosette, like a small reservoir. When the plant is not in the flowering period, it is recommended to regularly add water to the center of the rosette. The leaves are silvery green and edged with small thorns. Its flowering lasts several months, but only happens once. In the center of the plant an inflorescence appears in the form of pink and spiny bracts. Then, in summer, when the plant is ready, small blue or purple flowers appear.
Non-toxic to animals.
- Family: Bromeliaceae.
- Origin: Brazil
- Spring - Summer: Allow the soil to dry out slightly on the surface between waterings.
- Fall - Winter: Allow half of the soil to dry out between waterings
- Ambient humidity: High.
- Spray foliage regularly
- Type of soil: Rich and well drained.
- Brightness: Moderate to high.
- Orientation: West or South.
- Growth: Slow.
- Temperature: Hot.
- Between 18ᵒC and 24ᵒC.
- Never below 15ᵒC.
Diameter of the pot: 14 cm.
Like nature, each plant is unique. Natural articles are all different and may contain irregularities.